Let’s talk about some uncommon Spanish words. I consider them uncommon because I did not learn these Spanish words from the Spanish books that I used to learn the language. I learned these words while living in Colombia
They are actually very common because I hear these words used very often here in Medellin, Colombia. And by the way, these words are not only spoken in Colombia but everywhere in the Spanish speaking world. After reading this blog post, you will know the following:
1. How to say cleavage in Spanish
2. How to say stretch marks in Spanish
3. How to say breast implants in Spanish
4. How to say butt implants in Spanish
5. How to say dandruff in Spanish
How To Say Cleavage In Spanish
1. Escote – cleavage
Esa mujer está mostrando su escote.
That woman is showing her cleavage.
How To Say Stretch Marks In Spanish
2. Estría – stretch marks
Las estrías son un problema común en las mujeres.
Stretch marks are a common problem with women.
How To Say Synthetic Breasts in Spanish and How To Say Butt Implants in Spanish
3. Postizo – something false that replaces something natural (i.e. fake)
Medellín and some other cities in Colombia are known for plastic surgery. Both men and women from all over the world come to Medellín for plastic surgery or “cirugía plástica.”
Some of the types of surgery that women come to Medellín to get are:
– Cenos postizos (synthetic breasts or breast enhancements — the formal or proper phrase)
– Tetas postizas (synthetic breasts or breast enhancements — the informal phrase)
– Culo postizo (enhancement or implants of the buttocks — VERY INFORMAL phrase)
How To Say Dandruff In Spanish
4. Caspa – dandruff
Lina compró un producto especial para lavar su cabello, porque está harto de tener caspa.
Lina bought a special product in order to wash her hair because she is fed up with having dandruff.